Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Rest

As I said in my previous word, if I could pick one word that would describe 2011 it would be REST. Here are some verses and a chorus to a hymn that I have been meditating on lately regarding this theme:
Jesus I am resting resting
In the joy of what Thou art
I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart
Psalm 55:4-8
  4My heart is in anguish within me,
         And the terrors of death have fallen upon me. 
    5Fear and trembling come upon me,
         And horror has overwhelmed me. 
    6I said, "Oh, that I had wings like a dove!
         I would fly away and be at REST. 
    7"Behold, I would wander far away,
         I would lodge in the wilderness. Selah. 
    8"I would hasten to my place of refuge
         From the stormy wind and tempest."
Jesus is that place of refuge that I can fly to and REST.

0 comments:

Post a Comment