Monday, October 4, 2010

GirlTalk Blog

In light of the previous post, I have found this series entitled a Mother's Trust to be extremely encouraging and helpful:

http://www.girltalkhome.com/blog/category/fear/

Here's a few quotes from the series:

  • “For every fearful peek into the future, I wish I had looked to Christ instead. For each imaginary trouble conjured up, I wish I had recalled the specific, unfailing faithfulness of God. In place of dismay and dread, I wish I had exhibited hope and joy. I wish I had approached mothering like the preacher Charles Spurgeon approached his job: ‘forecasting victory, not foreboding defeat"
  • But we are not to fear anything that is frightening. We are to trust in God...Many things are frightening, but we have many more reasons to trust God than to fear.
  • Mothers, we will never out-grow our need to trust God for our children.
    But neither will we ever outgrow the faithfulness of God: “the steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him, and his righteousness to children's children”(Ps. 103:17).
  • "Fear to fear. Be afraid to be afraid. Your worst enemy is within your own bosom Get to your knees and cry for help, and then rise up saying, 'I will trust, and not be afraid.'" --Charles Spurgeon, Chequebook of Faith, March 17
  • You fearful saints, fresh courage take:The clouds you so much dread, Are big with mercy and will break,In blessing on your head.--William Cowper

0 comments:

Post a Comment