Saturday, April 10, 2010

Welcome

Welcome to our blog! The purpose of this blog is two-fold:

• Primarily and most importantly, we want to encourage you to look to Christ. We plan to do this by posting scripture, quotes, hymns and what the Lord is teaching us in His Word.

• Second, we want to use this blog to update you on the growth of our little family. Lord willing, we are expecting a baby boy in September. His name will be Jedidiah Edward Minton. After many months of discussion, this is where we have landed. Joel and I love the meaning of the name, it means “ beloved of the Lord” and can be found in 2 Samuel 12:25. Edward is everyone on both sides of our families middle name, so that was an easy choice. We are very excited and can’t wait to the meet the little guy. As of now, he is the size of a sweet potato and weighs 6oz. I’m hoping to grow him a lot bigger than that now that I have my appetite back. After a few weeks of being pretty sick, I am now eating like a horse. We are looking forward to God knitting him together over the next 5 months. Our pray for him is that he would trust in Christ and would say with Him “ Upon You I was cast from birth, You have been my God from my mother’s womb.” Psalm 22:10.

So stay tuned to check out what is going on at the Mintons!

0 comments:

Post a Comment